Friday, May 8, 2009

Still lost in feltland!

I am STILL playing with felted wool sweaters and the designs of this designer.
Anyone who is celebrating anything in my family is getting something made from felted wool sweaters until I run out! The colors and textures are so much fun. I am keeping the economy going buying up all the sweaters.  I think some pillows are in my future too. Cashmere on a pillow....it doesn't get much better than that!

This stack of squares cut from felted wool sweaters is going to be a baby blanket for my new great nephew. I looked for argyle, stripes, and tweeds for this project. I think it will be really cute for a sweet new baby boy.

8 comments:

Connie said...

Of course I think they're adorable. Everything you do IS, sugar!
xoxo,
Connie

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Isn't it fun to wash the sweaters and come out with miniature? Your cupcakes look great and what a wonderful idea, a baby blanket.

Hannah said...

Cashmere cupcakes!
You're the best, momma.
Happy Mothers' Day!

xxxo,
Hannah

Shirl said...

Hello Karen, how cute thses cupcakes are! I love them. What a great idea to make your nephew a wool quilt!
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Anonymous said...

those pincushions are amazing! So adorable!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Karen, WOW I love the cupcakes and the baby blanket is a great idea. Looks like you are having great fun.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes are too cute!!!!!
Hope you have a nice week!! :)

xoxo
Dara

Rebecca Nelson said...

Works of ART my friend! No kidding. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything so lovely!

Beautiful hands make beautiful keepsakes. God has blessed you, friend. He has!

xoRebecca