Monday, April 26, 2010

They're back!!

Some of you live in locations with mild weather and you enjoy flea markets year round. Not so here in Ohio. Our little flea-loving hearts shrivel up in November but come to life and swell again in April.....the start of the flea market season. These are the few things I picked up so far.
Isn't this the most gorgeous book? I didn't even look to see the contents of the book before I bought it. With that cover , it could have been anything and I still would have bought it. 

As it turns out, it's a book of poetry, even better. 
This tablecloth is perfect for summer and made me think of the card parties my parent's had as it is one of those squares that perfectly fits a card table. 
This is a book of music published here in Ohio in 1905. Inside the cover was a stamp from the high school I went to. I hadn't even noticed that when I bought it. Hubby showed it to me later. 

And sheet music.....what can I say about gorgeous graphics on sheet music!?
Everyday items made so beautiful with art.
Mondays and possible Saturdays are my flea market days so don't even look for me then.  I'll be gone for the season. 

16 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

There's nothing better than getting up really early on Saturday mornings and hittin the yard sales.
I love all your finds. I would have bought that book too and the graphics on the sheet music are just plain yummy.

hugs
Sissie

Hearts Turned said...

I SO wish we had a wonderful flea market season where we are...not so fortunate! But I love "junking" with my friend on weekends at local sales at homes...usually something fun to be found!

What lovely treasures you found this weekend--good luck on all your future hunting!

Connie said...

Of course, I love that tablecloth, but the books are a real find also, sweetpea...
xoxo,
Connie

Lori said...

oh, SUCH gorgeous finds Karen!!! everything is so pretty...did you get that loot at hville? i have heard that monday is the best day to go there...i think i will try my luck there on monday soon...

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Our garage sales and flea markets are making their comeback too! yipee!

Natasha Burns said...

You found some beautiful things!!!

Mari said...

HELLO,
I LOVE ALL THE ITEMS YOU PICKED UP, BUT HOW SPECIAL AND SWEET IS THAT BOOK OF POEMS :) ENJOY ALL YOUR NEW TREASURES!!

The Tablescaper said...

Oh so pretty!

- The Tablescaper

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Oh, I LO1E the sheet music. It is gorgeous!

Mosaic Magpie said...

I am so envious!

Unknown said...

Hi, Thanks for stopping by my blog....what treasures!!!! That tablecloth is wonderful, and all of the vintage paper tiems, they are so neat! I often hold pieces of those kind in my hands and think, who held this and read this before me???? Great post and thanks for the invitation! :) Sandy

Vicki said...

Oh, my goodness, you found some wonderful items at your flea market. The sheet music is so gorgeous, lucky you! I would have snatched up that pretty rose covered book, too. I hope you are having a terrific week. Hope you find some more wonderful goodies at future flea markets. Love and blessings~ Vicki

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi there,
Thank you for stopping by recently. I am in awe of your beautiful finds here. I looooove them all, but that book cover beats all!! : )
Happy hunting,
Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOODNESS, I am in love with that sheet music - such beautiful graphics. Great finds!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Yes...we have a similar "flea market season": here too. Isn't it fun when they start back up again? Great Finds!

Amy said...

I love all your precious finds. Thanks for showing them.
Amy